Saturday, March 31, 2007

Whipped

I just had my ass handed to me and ended up losing $255 on one table.
Not too down, just realistic about how much luck this game entails.
Am asking myself should I be playing?
I lost every hand I played.
Qs v 87o
Js vs 106s
Qs v Ks
A huge pot with A8s v 99s v Ks, 92636 and flush on river
Three of the hands were against the same player, who was combining amazing luck with a LA style.
He must have taken $200 off me.
I'm now on the cusp of $2,000 again and am wondering am I a winning player?
Have I just got lucky. I'm up $1,600ish since November but $560 of this is bonus, prob another $150 in rakeback.
Just checked Pokertracker and over 5,946 hands on the $100NL tables I've made a paltry $19.45!
I'm now Semi-loose AA, according to pokertracker, and was slowly inching my way up, but it all has come crashing down.
Should I be playing more tourneys again? I seem to do ok on them but I'm just not sure.
I don't really have the time to spend five hours playing on the bigger tourneys.

Im single, with a great job, but don't even have a TV and poker seems to be taking over my life outside work.
I'm out a lot with work but when I do come home in the evening, I either pick up or book, or most often fire up the PC.
I have two of those $24+$2 tokens so I'll probably play those and see how I do.
I have to face it I can't play a good, loose player very well, even when I have position.
OK, I'm got a weekend away with some mates to get ready for, hope your poker play goes better than miine.

2 comments:

ROSSI said...

keep at it mate, you cant start questioning yourself after a few bad beats.
you got a bankroll of $2k , which is more than most!! so keep playing , and whats wrong with SLAA, you got a smiling face icon LOL. $20 up is still UP, and better than being well down at $100NL. Under my rules i would need $3k to play $100NL, maybe its worth dropping a level and taking any stress away so you can just concentrate on your game.

Neil

Anonymous said...

dude, varience is the word-you must except that you will lose on average 1 in every three sessions, maybe you are playing to loose? or as neil ross said at to higher a limit for your roll, the multi tables have such a low expectation that you would be advised to put no more than 2 percent of your roll in at one time and try to restrict your cash tables to a 5 percent of your roll, you can play mulitple tables still and this will reduce your risk of ruin to virtually zero, however as you said roll generation can be incredibly frustratingly slow, you must really decide what you want out of your game, poker will start to consume your life, you need to take control, do you want to play as a pro or even a semi pro? if not then play your hobbie at your own space, avoid the mtt unless you have the time and inclination to play, cash is where its at.