Monday, March 12, 2007

SNG action

Played a little over the weekend and it was a case of grinding out steady gains and then giving it all back again in one hand!
I'm writing this at work but the only hands I can remember are the ones I lost...some very bad play combined with some strong poker.
I ended Sat up around $50 and the highlight was going deep in a 90 player, deepstack $5 SNG on FT.
I was very, very, very lucky on one hand put me in the top 10 with 50 players remaining.
I raised under-the-gun with 9s, got raised by mid-position player who had TT.
Flop Qs, I checked, he bets, I push and IGHN.
But no...I hit 9 on turn and then another 9 on river!!!!! Quad 9s baby!!!!
I can't really remember many other hands in the lead-up to the final two tables except a big triple with about 16 players left.
I'm dealt Ks, I raise a limper, BB and biggest stack calls, as does limper.
Flop q hi, limper pushes, I raise all-in and BB calls, both have qj and hand stands up.
The final table was slow and I have no idea what happened on a hand view but I spent a long time battling with three other players as the short stack.
Both the big stacks were too my left which was tough and the player immediately to my left was constantly raising me.
I pushed lots and got lucky a couple of times.
My A3o to his QJo, for example.
Finally the long-time big stack lost it all to the serial raiser and we were three. He had 8x both myself and the 3rd player and it was really only a matter of time.
It finally came when I re-raised all-in another pre-flop raise of my blind with 4s, he had j10s, J on flop, 10 on river and I came 3rd.
Profit was around $50.

1 comment:

Pokeking69 said...

good work getting 3rd in the deepstack tourny, been bit up and down myself lately, the turbo tourny i get in the place most of the time, mostly 3rd's and a few 2nd's one win, however, as soon as i play cash i just give it all back!! need work on the diff between cash and tourny play
PK69