Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Gambling

Dropped $40 last night but felt I played pretty solid.
The very last hand I lost $20 with Qs v my foe's 10s in a blind v blind battle.
I got him all-in on the flop but he glopped a 10.
I decided it was time to call it a night after this hand.
My wins came from a $100NL, where there was a classic calling station sat three to my right.
How did I know he had no clue: he limped A LOT with any 2-suited cards from any position, called pre-flop raises after limping with nothing, he checked when he missed.
He was doing so many things wrong.

He only raised once, against me on the river in this $80 hand.

From the small blind with k10o I hit top two pr, k107 rainbow flop.
I bet $3 into a $4 pot 1st up, two callers.
Turn 5, I bet $10, bb folds, fish calls.
River j, I thought about checking but put another $10 out there, he raises me another $10, I call and he shows 5s.

Terrible play on two counts, IMO, first he called the flop bet and second he didn't stack me ( or at least try to stack me), calling the turn and only raising the river $10.

I then preceded to win a succession of small pots from him, some with legitimate hands and then some bluffs once he had decided I was a straight up player.
Also a couple of $40 pots from two other players.
When the fish left I decided to cash in too.

OK, back to work!

2 comments:

Wombol said...

Hey Marky,
Thanks for the well wishes, very much appreciated.
I've linked you up now, so many thanks for the exchange.
Take care and hope you win some set over sets soon! They are satans hands!
Wombol

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.