Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Work on time

Truly amazing but I'm here 10 mins early. Just me and the editor, he gave me a nod and a smile when I worked in.
So I thought, instead of cracking on with some top financial journalism, I'd write a quick blog update.
On the way home I bought three books from Oxford Street Waterstones, and read and hung out with my flatmates for a couple of hours.
The PC remained off...until around 11pm, when I checked my mail and...wait for it...played some poker! surprise, surprise.
Not long, maybe 45 mins, on Interpoker. Two tabling, 10c/25c and a 25c/50c NL.
Too high for my measly $150 deposit, but I don't think I could face playing lower.
Anyway, I think I'm remembering how I used to win, I've said it before, it is play TIGHT.
Unless you have a read on someone, after playing a couple of hundred hands with them or they play very loose, if someone re-raises you IT IS NOT A BLUFF.
Up high $200+ NL there are bluffs galore, but down in the doldrums there are very few bluffs.
I laid a biggish hand down when I didn't call a $14 bet on a $19 pot on the river, with js with a 9,10,10,K,3 board (three clubs).
But then won it back in three hands later.
The stack is now $180, $30 up on my desposit, although I'm a long way away from releases the $150 match bonus, 7% through it I think.
Anyway, I feel MUCH BETTER at work today cos I haven't been staring at a PC screen for 15 hours or something stupid the day before.
I will keep playing and posting, tho, so keep on reading!

GL at the tables

No comments: