Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nailing a fish

Lost money again yesterday, about $15, but I managed to grind back up after being down $70.
It was all down to one $50 table where one fishy player was changing the dynamic of the table.
He was in every pot, seeing flops and calling raises with almost any two cards.
But somehow keeping his head above water and in the money by getting very lucky.
He was a classic calling station, with a very low Pre-flop raise % but would check call the nuts as well as third pr all the way down.
It made it easy to play him. Check if you're drawing and bet if you hit, and he will pay u off.
Unfortunately, he kept hitting against me and then redistrbuting my winnings around the table.
I couldn't hit a thing and it was getting frustrating and as I said I was down $70.
As with poker, I then went on a rush which saw me win back all back $15 of my losses.
Hitting trips 2x, one of these winning $25 of my foe who had nothing.
And chipping back up as people started to respect my raises and folding. Previously they would call with 2nd pr or 3rd pr and hit.

I made a slight profit on the two $100 tables I was playing, and still feel more relaxed about my game again. I think part of this is pychological. I forgot how much I like seeing the bonus amount slowly rising on FT.

Also won a $24+$2 token on a SNG and plan to try one of the $3,000 or $5,000 guaranteed tourneys which start up around 6.30pm GMT on FT.

Desposited $50 on Party Poker again for some 10-man action.

Industry do tonight at the Grosvenor which has Jimmy Carr compering so no play until the weekend. But looking forward to it. I'm determined to book a win!!

2 comments:

ROSSI said...

keep going mate

great when u get these "FISH" at the table aintit, when PokerAH shows that little fish icon/or the cayote/dice and they are into every pot throwing their money at you.
What beggars belief is people slag them off and want them to leave..obvious fish too i always presume.
You will have to let me know who the fish are at the $0.25/$0.50 level on FT ,(now that u have moved upto $100NL). I am hoping to be fishing at that level soon ($50NL).

good luck

Neil

Pokeking69 said...

Good work on the fishing!! keep it up, u may no that my game not going to plan at moment, hope its a blip!!
so with the fish did you get a good read on him? or just spot that he rarely raised pre flop and would check call down? did he ever try reraising or leading out at a pot?

PK69