Monday, March 05, 2007

Need a break

Just a quickie at work.
I've decided I need a break from FullTilt and poker in general, or at least cut the playing down.
Yes, I'm losing, not massively, but the roll is still on the slide.
I withdrew $200 from FT and put $150 into Interpoker, which is offering a 100% deposit bonus and 40% rakeback through RTR in March.
Nothing seems to tighten me up and play solid poker than playing with a small bankroll.
On FT, for example, I took $25 from a player on my left, got dealt qs and had $6 from him on a low flop.
A king hit on turn, I check, he bets $13.50 into a $12 pot, with $6 remaining in his stack.
This could be a bluff, but based on the way he was playing I knew had a king, or a flush draw. Instead of folding my thought process was : "I only need to put another $20 to see what he had. I have a huge stack now $20 is nothing."
I should have folded, my discipline has gone. Low and behold he turns over k10s for a king and flush draw, and I lose when another king hits on river. I had ONE out!Stupid really.
Anyway, another reason for the break is my work is suffering. I've been late for work now 6 days in a row.
I play too late, can't sleep and then can't get up.
Go to work late, have a manic day, come back, fire up the PC. Repeat ad infinitum.
The only breaks I have in the evenings is going out on the piss for work dos.
Not the ideal life and work balance.
So I'm gonna play a little on Interpoker to clear my bonus, piss about with the Stars SNGs and then reassess in a month.

On the work front, apart from my tardiness, I've been nominated for an award and made £650 in freelance work for three articles all on finance.

So poker is paying, I'm up $1600 since I bought in for $500 on FT in November, which itself was profit from previous play.
BUT I am, first and foremost, a journalist and need to remember this.

GL on the tables...

No comments: