Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A winning day!

O the joys, a winning day!
It has been too long that I care to remember and it feels good.
Yesterday I had a run of cards but didn't make any money.
Today I doubled up on two of the three tables I was playing.
I realised I was playing scared, which is stupid considering the size of my stack.
If I have the hand I need to bet and not check-call for fear of the ultimate nuts.
I hit two pr on flop and smelt top pr top kicker from a serial bettor and flted him.
I did not fear trips!
Then I did something I should be doing more, I identified a fish, followed him and felted him too.
My stack is now back to over $2,300 and it is going to carry on rising.
I'm using PokerHud now and it helps enormously (thanks Rossi!). I can multi-table and see who is raising pre-flop and who is aggressive w/o haven't to watch every hand all the way through.
But the key was the fish following. I won't name him, but he's there, 2-tabling on the $50 tables most evenings.
Another thing I noticed was a very aggressive player who I thought was killing the tables.
He felted me once and always seemed to have a big stack.
Well he's still multi-tabling but only buying in for $20. He's so much tighter and weaker for it.
Methinks he's actually another losing player.
For some reason this also makes me feel good, having lost $50 to him a week ago.
Let's hope the luck lasts...

2 comments:

ROSSI said...

alright mate

glad the pokerace hud is working for you. It is definately worth the $25 isnt it.

p.s whats your full tilt name??

laters

Pokeking69 said...

hey, glad its going well, if you check out my blog you will see that i finally back on the tables!!

what is poker hub? or hud?

so how exactly did you identify this fish? was it previous experience or something you saw him do this time?

maybe catch you one morning