Friday, February 23, 2007

The cup runs dry

The poor run of results continued last night.
After a four day break from Full Tilt, I had another crack and failed to get win stack moving back in the right direction.
Lost a buy-in after getting qs 2x in three hands, first to flopped 777s when I doubled up a short-stack, and then the rest to As.
Both were all low flops and anyone that is playing properly would have gone broke after those to hands.
Doubled up on a flopped full house, and won bits and bobs elsewhere, but my stack is now around $2,120, almost $500 down on my record high earler this month.
I need to do something, but I'm not sure what. The only thing that is encouraging me is how appalling the standard of play is.
A frenchie, who managed to quadruple his buy-in, felted me with a crazy hand.
He was playing every hand, limping and limping, calling raises and he kept hitting. It was amazing. Flushes, trips with 84o, str8s, a truly amazing set of flops.
His post-flop play was a bit better than his almost 100% pre-flop calls, but he was a total chump.
I had ks, he turned out to have j10s.
Glop 952 rainbow, I bet pot he calls, turn 8 I bet pot, he checkraises me, river q, and I get felted.
A few hands later he calls two people's big flop raises with 5s on a jk2 flop.
Short stack has 222, big stack has jk.
He turns a 5 and gets paid off big-style.
I managed to chip up to $75 when he left having lost an all-in raising war with as v a foe's ks.
He finally got sucked out on! Once he was gone, I buggered off too.
Over at Stars the stack continues to rise and my winning run on the Omaha H/L turbos is continuing. There are some horrible players there and I plan to tuck in some more in the coming days.
I've got the raketherake freeroll on Sunday which has reached the dizzy heights of $19,000 and hope to get past the 13 minute mark this time!
Playing my irregular home game with my bros and three of his mates tonight. I plan to continue my campaign to make it a NL game rather PL.

No comments: