Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Break time

I've taken a break from the game after a terrible Saturday.
I was down about almost four buy-ins during the day and was hitting very little. When I did I overplayed the hand and didn't win enough.
Withing ten minutes I lost a buy in with the nut str8 on the flop to a flush on the river, and it just got worse.
I didn't tilt..., erm, yes, I did tilt when I chucked away another $50 to a decent player with top pr top kicker to his overpair. I was just tired of getting pushed around by him and folding to his big re-raises.
Not even sure I'll play on FT tonight, I really need to find my mojo again there.
On the plus side, I've been building my roll up on Stars to around $350 with some solid SNG cashes and a few double ups on NL Holdem.
The way to beat this game, if you play a solid, tight game like me, is pretty simple - make as much as you can when the cards are hitting you, and then grind it out when your getting crap.
I'm going to stick to Stars for a bit as I want to get on the top ten leaderboard on Sharkscope for my limit, between $1 - $5, for Omaha H/L.

No comments: