Monday, February 05, 2007

Full Tilt and Stars

Not much to report today after a steady Sunday.
Racked up another 200 FTPs and won around $80 on Full Tilt and had some more success on the Omaha H/L on Stars.
Looking at my Sharkscope stats makes strange reading.
On Pokerstars I have played 81 SNG and MTTs, with an average profit of $2 on an average stake of $4, my ROI is 72%, and profit level is $191 and I'm running Hot.
On Full Tilt, by contrast, the numbers are 20, -$2, $4, -35% to produce a loss of $32 (eek!), although I'm also running hot after cashing in my last three tries.
Why the difference?
Probably the main reason is that the FT SNGs are slow, 10 minutes blinds as opposed to five minutes.
Early doors I tend to see flops cheaply but only play the nuts.
I just get bored if I have to wait 40 minutes before the blinds hit a level where it is worth stealing and raising pre-flop.
This is where I build my stacks when other players are trying to limp into the money.
AA23 double suited in the first orbit? I call because not matter what you raise with $20 blinds you'll get five callers.
But a pot sized raise on blinds of $200/$100 and one limper means foes are less likely to call.


On another matter I slightly worried about the size of my roll and the blind levels I'm playing.
Is 50x the buy-in the correct level to play? Or 20x?
I feel I'm playing slightly too tightly and sometimes am still scared to put my money on the line. On the other hand when I drop down to the $50 tables I play like its play money, calling raised pots with dodgy hole cards and chasing when I don't have odds.
Something to work on anyway.

Not sure how much I'll play tonight. GL on the tables.

No comments: