Monday, February 26, 2007

Out in 20th

First hand after last post I pick up js, serial raiser makes it $5,000, I push my last $10,000, one short stack calls, blinds and original raiser fold. He has ako and my hand stands up.
Soon get moved to a table with a player who was raises pre-flop one in two hands.
I won a bunch after re-raised his standard 4xbb pre-flop raise with ak0 and he folds after a long pause.
He then raised my blind time and time again, and others.
He had reached $124,000 and in the top five and no-one was playing back at him.
Then all of sudden everyone did.
He lost about $30,000 with a blind v blind battle.
He then raised with position when I sat in the SB with Js.
I pushed he called with 97s and despite a flush draw on turn it held up.
I was up to $55,000 and in the top 18. He lost another battle with the guy to my left and I then knocked him out with k9o (in bb) v his 910o.
I was sitting pretty for a tilt at the final two tables when I got moved to a 6-man table (the other two had 7 players)
I had $65,000, raised 4xbb in early position with a2s, aggressive player re-raises me, I fold.
The blinds are $5,000 now!
I pick up 99s in SB with around $40,000, button (who has been stealing all tournament) raises, I push. Ace on flop and IGHN
O well. I picked up $224. If I had got to the last two tables i would have made double that, and 1st was $1,900 but it wasn't to be.
Happy but a little disappointed.
Its strange to say but I feel I did not get very good cards on the whole, BUT crucially when I did they held up.
Every single one, including the one marginal my js v ako. I was ahead on every hand I pushed on but you need these hands to stand up to make it deep.
$224 is my biggest MTT payout, and although I'll still play more cash, I've decided to give more of these bad boys a go.
OK, Good luck at the tables!

No comments: