Sunday, November 02, 2008

Brit Blogger



The monkey is my "punishment" for busting out first in the Brit Bloggerment, although I must say this chap is really rather cute.
I had a 'fuck it' moment with 7s against my foes As. First place was a FTOPS 24 entry, so a large $120 overlay...should maybe have folded :)

Earlier I busted out of a couple of peewee buy-in tournies on Stars and made about $40 while three tabling $50 NL Holdem. The river was kind to me twice, once when I beat AQ with KQ when I went runner-runner flush and the second time hitting a Q on the river to 2 pr my AQ; my foe had AJ for a flopped two pr and instantly called my push on the river. Ship it!

The best news is that I've totted up my various stacks and I have finally pushed past the $5k mark.
Looking back at the early das of my blog, I had $220 in May 2006 which reached just shy of $1k by the end of the year.
This rose to $3400 in 2007, so I've made $1600 in 2008 so far...
Not bad, but my winrate has definitely slowed this year - i have been hovering around $4500 since April - althoughtwo months were 'lost' growing at low stakes trying to clear the bonus for my Ipod.

Anyway, hopefully get it close to $6k by the time we reach the year end. My target at the start of the year was $7k but this looks a dream now.

Good luck at the tables!

PS Just busted out of a Bodog $4 tourney when my 3s lost to 9s on a 3AA95 hand. All in on turn, thought he was slowplaying a big ace. I was a huge stack in that with four tables to go, but my foe was the 2nd biggest. Think its time I logged off!

1 comment:

Gavin said...

Hiya mate,

Played with you last night on Bloggerment (SOTV).

Think I had the AA you refer to :)

Have linked you up mate if you would like to do the same

Cheers

Gav