Monday, November 17, 2008

Nearly big...

Woke up on Saturday morning feeling very hungover and unable to sleep...my cure? Poker!
It was 7.30am so there were still a few late-night Americans playing free and loose, so I joined them three-tabling $50 NL on Stars. Won a bit, lost a bit, then won a bit back.
Was having trouble concentrating as I was still a bit fooked so I logged off and tried my luck on a $3 donkfest. 1566 entries, first $820.
The first hour was a joke...the very first hand I tried to bluss with 64o on the river with 6 high. Got called but my table image was set. At one stage I was 75% flops seen, which dipped down to 65% by the end of the first hour.
I had trebled up and was talking a lot of trash.
I accumulated a decent amount of chips when I made the great play (!) of calling in the BB with Aces against a button push with 9s but other than that I can't remember many hands.
I watched Match of the Day, cooked some food, eat, brushed my teeth, while carrying the laptop round my flat. I had a free corporate box ticket through work to see Arsenal v Villa and time was ticking but I couldn't bust out.
My coinflips won, my big pairs held up, nobody called my bluffs. It was closing in on 2pm and I was 7th with 28 left.
I was in control but couldn't decide...do I post and fold my way to probably second last table, go for the win and fuck the footie???
In the end, the poker gods decided for me.
MP doubles blinds I call with AJo, BB calls. Flop A77. All check flop, turn blank. I bet half pot on turn, BB folds, MP raises. Should have folded here but I call.
Seven on river, I push, MP snap calls and turns over Aces.
The very next hand, I find AQs. Serial raiser trebles blind, I push, SB wakes up with Aces...IGHN.
The first hand I could have gotten away with, the second was tougher...
So no big score, a shitty $15 for four hours play, but it gave me something to think about on the tube up to north London...

Stayed away from home yesterday and returned late today to read about Milkybarkid's truly amazing exploits on the Omaha tables - that guy must be the UK's biggest online winner playing today - and made $12 playing a Matrix SNG.

Bed time now, and another week of trying to negotiate the fucked-up stock markets ahead.

2 comments:

United113 said...

he really must be.. He seems like a nice guy as well, taking time to blog and never really coming across as arrogant. I'll be watching his heat of the poker million tonight and cheering him on

Marky said...

Don't if you saw his posts on the 2+2 forum but there is one graph in there that is truly sick!
Also totally agree about him being down to earth, except maybe his choice of car! :)