Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One month on

Ok, it's not quite been a month but its been too long.
I've been playing in fits and starts. Work has been brutal and the weather has been too nice to sit and play all the time.
My bankroll on Absolute has stagnated and I've almost given up playing there.
The traffic when I tend to play (between 5pm and 9pm) BST is very low.
I've not quite achived my aim of cashing out the $300 I lost playing blackjack, it sits at $250.
But I think I would be better served to move it all to another site. I'm looking at having a go at Party Poker for the first time, and maybe redepositing at Full Tilt.
The highlight at Absolute was winning my first over 100 person tournie. It was an bonus point tournie with cash for the final table.
At the same time, I came fourth in a $2 NL tournie with around 100 starters.
I felt I was v. unlucky in that. I was big chip leader twice but kept getting rivered and couldn't knock any of the short stacks out all in.
Only one of the one the players had a clue how to play short-handed.
Anyway, the real plus is that I've hit a run of form on Ultimate Bet and am finally now in profit.
The roll is up to $280, including winning about $75 last night from playing PL Omaha H/L and NL Hold'em.
Hit some great hands, quad aces on the flop at Omaha which paid off and trips 4s on an all low flop, both of which netted around $25.
I also managed to pair the board with trip 10s on the river against two players with str8s on the turn.
I was committed but it's nice when you ctahc up on the river for a change.
Anyway back to work

No comments: