Saturday, June 17, 2006

World Cup

Haven't been playing much poker in the past week, mainly because of the World Cup.
I haven't watch every game, but it's been pretty darn close.
We have a sweepstake going on in the newsroom which needed you to pick the correct score for EVERY first round game, then all the qualifiers for the 2nd round, 1/4 finals, semis and final.
Its a point based scoring system. At the mo, its 5 pts for a correct score and 2 pts for the correct result.
Basically the laws of probability took over for me and I went one-nil for every game.
This has seriously pissed off my colleagues cos I'm leading by miles.
I think there's been five 1-0s, while the rest of the newsroom got swept up in World Cup fever and were predicting scores like 3-1 and 4-0 for almost every game.
It's got to the stage where everyone knows what I've done and there are cheers when a 2nd goal goes in.
I played up to my role as bad guy during the England v T&T game by pretending to be pissed off when Gerrard knocked in the extra time 2nd goal.
Anyway, I think the money is mine.
What following little poker I have been playing, I've cashed out of Absolute - around $280.
And UB is sitting at around $320.
Gonna register for the blogger freeroll on Stars when I get home (I'm on an Saturday early shift at work today) if its not too late.

No comments: