Saturday, June 17, 2006

Questionairre

Saw this questionairre floating around a while back so though I'd have a go.

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?

Overbetting top pair.

2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?

Calling down with mediocre hands.

3. Why do you play poker?

I enjoy the buzz of playing. I'm a gambler at heart and I know I can beat the game, which makes it better than the blackjack and the horses any day.

4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?

Surfing, watching TV, chatting to my flatmate more (who complains I ignore him!) and prob. playing chess online. I still haven't turned down a night on the tiles to play poker but I'm sure that day will come.

5. What is your favorite poker book and why?

Big Deal by Anthony Holden. Hilarious and absorbing.

6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?

I normally root for any of the Brits when I watch on TV. Don't really have a favourite but I s'pose the Milkybarkid has to be a up there cos of his blog.

7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?

Erm...pass

8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?

No

9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)?

Prob around $200 - all from one pot of Omaha H/L NL on Ladbrokes when I first started playing.

10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)?

Prob around $100. I always stop if it gets too bad.

11. Who was your first poker blog read?

Not sure but Tao of Poker was one of the first US blogs, Milkybarkid and the internetpokerpro in the UK.

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?

Bluff definitely as I hardly ever bluff. When I do I absolutely pap my pants. I s'pose this is why I'm a recreational player. I'm quite good at spotting bluffs though and getting someone to show nothing is always satisfying.

13. Why do you blog?

As a journalist writing stuff down takes no time at all and I like sharing stories.
I also thought it would help me play better if I recorded my winnings and a few hands.

14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?

Mainly through bloglines but I sometimes check out sites direct.

15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?

No, too much poker gets old quite quickly. I can tell when it s time to stop because I start playing loose and fast, and start playing too many tables out of boredom.
I have a great job and working with around 40 other journalists is a blast. They love going out and have loads of great stories to tell. Although a successfull poker player definitely earns a lot more than a journalist


16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?

Nope

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?

Balls the size of elephants, be able to bluff, be a great reader of other players and have a big roll. If you listen to interviews with successful players they are also very motivated to be the best - to win bracelets etc. Ambition is the key to any successful career.

18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?

Have no idea.

19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?

I s'pose build a bigger bankroll and make more money. But I don't think I'm ever going to get rich from the game. In the past, I've always cashed out my winnings when it gets to a certain amount. We'll see when the roll reaches four figures again how broke I am!

20. What is your primary online site and why?

At the mo, Ultimate Bet and Absolute. But will soon change to some of the other biggie's. As far as I can tell there are fish at all sites, so I go by rake and rakeback, deposit bonuses and traffic as my main indicators for where to play.

21. What site do you dislike and why?

None really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boy, u must have some serious time on your hands. cg