Friday, June 09, 2006

Mo money

Work has been dull this week.
I have a page to fill everyday, and as business editor, it also means I'm under constant pressure to produce page leads and front-of-the-book stories on top of this.
I had two splashes last week, including a great exclusive into a £3 milllion training centre which was under investigate for fraud.
But after the highs of last week, I basically spent this week resting on my laurels and peddling the crap.
Had no decent stories really.
On the poker front, my Ultimate Bet roll is slowing rising.
Up to $320-ish now from a couple of big NL Hold'em hands. Trips and top two pair all-ins.
The 'big' news is that I've qualified for a WSOP freeroll through raketherake at Absolute after playing 2,500 hands there last month.
Winner gets $5,000 towards a WSOP seat, with the cash not spent on entry fees going towards travel expenses.
There's also $500 to share out. With only 40+ qualifiers I should have a fair chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh marky, looks like u r in it, deep. but believe me, i know the feelng from personal experience. a wsop seat would be sweet! cg