Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bank Holiday doldrums

Mixed bag on the tables over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Eeked my rool on Absolute to about $180 with no real highlights.
Came 3rd in 27 man tournie and won a bit on the NL and omaha H/L tables.
But got my hand caught in the cookie jar trying to slowplay flooped trips and losing to a rivered full house.
I've also found a feature that hides the blackjack tag - yippee - but also printed of the full, blackjack basic strategy table which I'm sooooooo tempted to try out.

As for work, we have a new associate editor starting in June who made her first visit to our cheery newsroom today.
Its his first appointment since he came over from a bigger, regional daily.
First impressions are mixed. Bouffon hair that didn't move, power dressing and saggy.
But as she'll be in charge of all content - features and news - I'll need to show her what a top guy I am...

No comments: