Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Five days of nothing

Five more days of my life - most of it spent in the newsroom. I was w'end reporter so no boozing and very little playing.
But I did end up with my byline on the first four pages which I s'pose is an achievement.
When I did get back on it on Monday my play swung wildly from diabolical to err...not so diablolical.
I dropped $50 at NL, but won it all back playing $2/$4 Omaha H/L.
The worst hand was losing $30 with Ks on a Q9x flop to a player with Q9.
My notes on him say: 'So tight it hurts' so when he re-raised my post flop pot bet I shoulda laid down. Something I've been good at over the past few months.
But no I carried on betting, and another 9 then a Q came and I lost it all.
I then donked off another $20 for good measure.
I played a $6 rebuy tournie with 13 players on Absolute which I bubbled out at 4th.
I was sitting pretty with five players left as 2nd high chip stack, all without a single rebuy or add-on.
But I went TOTALLY card dead, and my chips frittered away as the blinds were huge.
Looking back at my hand history I shoulda made a stand somewhere along the line as one guy kept raising all-in, and no-one was calling.
O well.
My roll on Absolute stands at $140 and $140 on Ultimate where I qualified for the semi-finals of there $1m guaranteed.
Back to work now.

No comments: