Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Two day rollercoaster

Two days off from work and two days of solid poker.
I've been alternating between the 10c/25c NL and 25c/50c NL and I've been up-and-down more times than a yo-yo.
Its driving me nuts to be honest and I'm coming to think that UB is not the place for me.
When I last posted I was up to $120, then back down to $80. Up to $130 and then this hand happened.

Maxi1848 is at seat 0 with $8.10.
mavie1 is at seat 1 with $56.05.
coach 2 is at seat 2 with $11.95.
tacobell12 is at seat 3 with $20.45.
Joe Tex is at seat 4 with $117.70 (sitting out).
RiceAndSoya is at seat 5 with $22.25.
RedEye420 is at seat 6 with $22.70.
Blackwatch is at seat 7 with $26.30.
dentistface is at seat 8 with $18.65.
playznutz is at seat 9 with $72.60.
The button is at seat 9.

Maxi1848 posts the small blind of $.25. mavie1 posts the big blind of $.50.

Maxi1848: -- --
mavie1: -- --
coach 2: -- --
tacobell12: -- --
RiceAndSoya: Ad Ks
RedEye420: -- --
Blackwatch: -- --
dentistface: -- --
playznutz: -- --

Pre-flop: coach 2 folds.
tacobell12 raises to $3.
RiceAndSoya calls.
RedEye420 calls.

Flop (board As Td 7d)
tacobell12 checks. RiceAndSoya bets $9.75. RedEye420 calls. tacobell12 folds.
Turn (board: As Td 7d 4s): RiceAndSoya goes all-in for $9.50. RedEye420 calls.
River (board: As Td 7d 4s 6d): (no action in this round)

Showdown: RiceAndSoya shows Ad Ks.
RiceAndSoya has Ad Ks As Td 7d: a pair of aces.
RedEye420 shows Tc Ts. RedEye420 has Tc Ts As Td 7d: three tens.

It was a big pre-flop raise but tacobell have shown himself to be v v aggressive. But then I massively overbet top pair, doh!
I bet so big to try and get them both out, but could have bet $4 for the same effect.
Then on another table I donked away another $25 with qs against 7s that hit trips on flop and quads on the river.

Lost some more today to be around $78.
I'm running cold and as a result playing way too tight. But hands like the two I lost the $50 on don't help me loosen up.

I've been only playing Ultimate Bet but I might try the site where I made my first $500 - Bugsys Club. The only problem is that they don't do rakeback. We'll see.

At work I only wrote two stories today after my two days off.
Couldn't get motivated. One more day until the weekend and then two days of binge drinking, me thinks.
A colleague is leaving to start work as a features writer at a local magazine and a council press officer is also quitting to join a local college.
They're at two different pubs so I'm gonna flit like the media star that I am between the two :)

No comments: