Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Omaha H/L

After my two wins in Omaha H/L SNGs yesterday I decided to have another crack at Absolute Poker's games.
Played 50c/$1 fixed for about an hour. Got stuck $15, tightened up and managed to win it all back plus a couple of bucks.
Played a SNG at the same time and came 2nd. So my results over the past two days are 1st, 1st, 5th (I snuck in a game late last night), and 2nd today.
The SNG's are simple to beat. Only play the nuts early and slowly loosen up.
My heads-up play is simple - bluff a lot and push with hands with Hi and Lo possibilities.
Its basically a nuts game and people have trouble adapting their play to short-handed. At the same time, pre-flop people seem to call with mediocre starting hands.
A2 is decent, but needs cover. Another A, K or Q, low cover or flushes.

At work, my business story about the sale of well-known local firm (it's not going bust) will prob make page two. I'm writing it now and am sending it by email when I'm done.

No comments: