Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Patience

Patience is key to playing solid poker, something that I normally have in bucketloads.
In tourneys especially the winning player has no problems folding hand after hand, waiting for the right moment to show aggression and build his stack.
On Saturday morning, I went deep again in another of those $24+$2 tourneys which had a prize pool of around $7,500.
With 300+ players, I managed to stay in the top ten throughout most of the tourney and made it to the final two tables lying 6th.
I then busted out in one orbit, the final hand pushing 85o (WTF!) from the SB against the table bully who called with a7o.
This hand stayed with me for the rest of the weekend. I was sitting solid and blew my whole tourney on a crazy steal.
Instead of winnning several hundred, I ended up with $55 for a small profit.
Patience!
Anyway, I made another $75 playing $50 NL, to build my stack further.
My new PC allows me to four-table using the new tile facility on FT pretty easily.

Still don't know where to put my $2,500 from Neteller but I will find a new home for it soon.

3 comments:

BIGSCOOPZ said...

nice blog... add me.. i just got started on this as well

Anonymous said...

I can find a nice home for the 2.5K

Ship it !!

Good luck man :)

Marky said...

Sorry Micro, I don't give hand outs to charity cases :)

And bigscoopz, you're on.