Monday, April 30, 2007

Nasty surprise

A rather horrible thing happened to me this weekend.

My Full Tilt a/c got closed!

The reason: dual accounts.

I first played on Full Tilt back in 2005, before this blog started, when I was playing very low limits.
I deposited $200 and would withdraw any decent profits, say over $50 or $100.
I ended up closing the account after my initial bonus was up.

I then discovered rakeback. And started a new a/c under a different name and a different email address in November 2006.
I stress I NEVER again touched my old a/c...until a couple of weeks ago.

I made the big mistake of logging on, twice, when Full Tilt were offering a one-off bonus. I didn't play but the fact that I logged on using the same IP address must have triggered an alert somewhere at FT.

After a couple of dodgy plays I decided to make a big withdrawl from my newer QuanticFive a/c.
First I tried $2,000, which was voided, again $2,000, then $1,000 - both voided.
I queried and received an email saying I had been using two a/c's and the newer one, which had $2,500, a $26 token and 12,000FTPoints had been closed!

For a short while, about five minutes, I actually thought I had lost the money but the last paragraph of the email told me that I could either withdraw all the cash to my neteller a/c or to my old a/c.

I chose the latter, so I now have all my cash there, minus the 12,000 FTP.
The FTP would have afforded me prob three poker books, so I lost about $50 in the incident.

I'm not going to criticise Full Till outright. What I was doing was technically wrong. BUT I would have much preferred the old a/c being closed and actually asked for this.

I've now lost my rakeback ability and I think my Full Tilt days are coming to an end.
I'm now looking for a new home for my cash - not decided where yet.

For those that have two accounts on FT (naughty, naughty!), my advice would be to stay away from your old one like the plague.
Having said that I think the size of my withdrawl ($2k) may have meant someone looking more closely at my activity. A $350 withdrawl made at around the same time got through fine.

Anyway, I'll now be playing on FT under the moniker Razorlight, so feel free to drop by and take some chips off me!

2 comments:

ROSSI said...

yeah i closed mine down, then opened one up in the missus name and also opened a neteller account to fund it in her name + differant emails
dont think there are any rules stopping someone in your family having an account too, though the IP address would be the same.

Marky said...

Nice work! You should be fine.
Losing rakeback and the 12,000FTP is a big bummer.
What's the traffic like on William Hill?