Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Holy Cow!

Played the $24+$2 $14,000 guaranteed and finished 5th for....wait for it...$931.32!
592 entrants, 63 paid. O the joys.
Took five hours, finished just after midnight, had some great cards, a couple of bad beats - one to knock me out.
If I could have hung on a little longer and could have really reaped it - 1st was over $3,000, but it was not to be.
My A10o re-raise all in from the SB as the short stack to the Button's A9o steal lost when a 9 hit the turn.
My read was right, the poker gods however decided I had played enough and it was time for bed.
A few rounds earlier, five left and I had raised all in with k8o as a very low stack. Called by A4o and hit a king on the flop.
Anyway, will update tonight fully, but needless to say the roll is now looking pretty healthy!

2 comments:

Littleacornman said...

Congrats on your fine score!

Marky said...

Thanks! Still basking in the glory.
So glad I have this blog. No-one in the real world, except my bro, knows I play!