Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Slowly rising

The last week or so has been as hectic as ever. Lots of xmas dos, and room hunting have taken their toll.
I have one more booze-up left and then its Xmas, thank god.
I'm really not enjoying tournament and SNG play at the moment, but cash games are going well.
My stack is up to $1,300 now and slowly rising. The three sessions I've played since my last post have each netted around $100, all from the 25c/50c NL and 50c/$1 NL tables on FullTilt.
The more I play the more I realise how stupid I've been over the past two years of play.
The game is so much easier with a big stack behind you.
I've no problem calling big bets if I think I'm ahead and most importantly, I can now push around timid, small stack players who are obviously playing with all the roll. Frankly they seem to be papping their pants every time, they put some money in.
I really try to work on table image.
I like to play very tightly for a few rounds. And make a show of checking down blind v blind battles with a pr, so I can show at the end.
This means I can start stealing as my foes think I'm a supertight.
Last night I was flopped two str8 at the same time, on different tables and got paid off.
With Christmas coming, my aim is to move the roll past $1,500 by the new year, which is more than reasonable.
As long as I stay in my comfort zone of no more than 50c/$1 NL, I should be able to manage it.

On the home front I'm moving into a room in a house in Brixton with a freelance journalist and a French actress/post-grad student.
SPeak soon

No comments: