Monday, December 08, 2008

SNG rebound

After going 1 for 15 on Saturday I managed to make it all back again on Sunday with some wins. My ROI has dropped from the frankly ridiculous 83% down to a respectable 38%.
In the last batch I ended up getting in a right ding-dong with a dutch cock called MaxMDR. He was bitching about missing out on the $49k jackpot when his As got busted by J9s all-in pre. He said that cost him the jackpot, I told him he was full of shit, which he didn't like.
Anyway, we spent most of the next half-an-hour bitching at each other. I got him steaming when I beat his AKo with the mighty J5s.
He raised all-in on my blind, I (correctly) called off half my stack to bubble the c*nt :)
He was playing on another table with me and got his revenge by busting me on the bubble.

Anyway, one of the reasons we were arguing was about the rules of the jackpot SNGs on iPoker. I was under the impression that you needed to play five-in-a-row as they fill up. He said they didn't need to be consecutive games.

I had asked Mansion support about this but had missed their reply. I double checked my inbox to find the Dutch twat was right. They need to be consecutive ie you can't play another SNG in between, but they can be played over a 48 hour period.

This makes it A LOT easier and I'm gonna continue playing them. The standard of play is perfect for my style. Very loose early doors so I limp lots and more often than not get paid when I hit. But they all tighten right up around the bubble and my aggro-pushing works wonders.

You still need the hands but I've come mighty close already while five tabling, so if I limit myself to three-tables I reckon I can make a tidy profit.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya mate,

Would you mind adding us to your links list (www.raisetheriver.com/poker-content) and we will return the favour.

regards

Mik

p.s. I questioned this about those Jackpot SnG's too. There are a lot of T+C's involved and the rake is too high to give them any value IMO. That said i wish you luk in them mate.

Amatay said...

sng's are a piece of piss!

mario on the net, genius m8.
Dark Knight is gd aint it

BTW as Mik said get yourself signed upto Raisetheriver m8. Im a mod on there atm and prolly soon to be admin. Gonna get some good little leagues and shit going soon. Its bascially a forum for bloggers. Sign up, write an intro post and mention me or summat, its a gd crack and will give ur blog more exposure and stuff

www.raisetheriver.com

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very nice......

Amatay said...

ahahaaha, forgot i had already spammed this blog lol. wtf am i on about mario and dark knight aswell? thats from another blog :-) sry