Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Maui jackpot

I had three tilts at the Maui jackpot on Mansion, which I've only just realised is on the iPoker network!!
The jackpot on the $5+$1 tables is a very tempting $49,000 for five consecutive firsts. This doesn't mean five firsts in a row over several days but five consecutive wins in a row as each Maui table opens up so to win them involves five tabling.
I play on a laptop which means I can't fit all five on to the screen and it all gets rather hectic.
The matrix SNGs are excellent training for this, however, and playing different foes is actually a little easier.
The opposition is generally pretty soft and my win rate is pretty decent.
Over 20 games (five games from previous sessions), I have a 83% ROI and am up $101!

The first batch I got a first and two seconds for a $20 profit, the second batch two firsts and a third for a $30 profit and the final batch: two first and three thirds for a $50 profit. I was on for the jackpot right up until the end, and was four-tabling having won one of the five outright. But I busted third in two of them in quick succession.

I also had a small $17 win on a cash game which makes for not a bad evening.

The jackpot will undoubtedly have been snared by someone while I'm in New York and will reset itself back to $15k. But if it isn't I'm gonna go all out over the weekend when I get back to win it.

No comments: