Sunday, January 21, 2007

Three-tabling

Sticking to the $100 NL tables on Full Tilt seems to have worked.
My bankroll is at a truly staggering $1,764 - well, ok I'm not breaking any records but I'm pretty pleased.
Playing at this level seems to concentrate my mind more than the $50 tables where I fritter cash away.
On Sunday evening I was all set for the raketherake.com $16,000 freeroll which had 1,500 entrants. Like last month my table had just 3 people playing and like last month I didn't last very long...9 minutes to be precise.
My Qs losing to A7o on a 7 high flop, all in on flop, and he hit an A on the turn.
Every time I play a NL tourney I get sucked out on - once memorable hitting trip 6s on the flop, getting all in v ako and losing to runner, runner a and then k.
Not planning on playing many more in the short term.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Neteller ban on US players does to numbers at FT and poker in general.
It surely is the next step to a total ban on ALL sites for yanks.
The only hope now is that the Democrats get in and they reverse the law, although there has been no noise from them on this front.

More and more Europeans seem to be playing the game, and if it takes off in Asia the game will surely get another boost in numbers.
China is a huge marketplace, and they LOVE to gamble. Disposable income is still low there though, and I'm not sure they have sorted out their banking laws sufficiently to be able to deposit properly.

The only downside to my success since I got back from skiing is that my exam revision has suffered. I'm actually a little worried I will fuck it up on Tuesday which will be a mite embarrassing.

Anyway good luck to my 'hundreds' of readers.

No comments: