Monday, January 29, 2007

Decent weekend

Played lots this weekend. Totally skint after the skiing trip and Christmas so nothing to do except hit the tables!
Doubled up at least three times, and was up every session - this time mainly 2-tabling.
Had my first set over set win, 9s to my 10s.
Four people saw a 4xbb flop, k high flop which we all checked.
Turn was 9, I took at stab with a half-pot bet 1st up, he smooth called and the original raiser and button caller both folded.
The 10 came on river, I potted it ($30) he re-raised all in after some delay. Felt bad for him but it has happened to me before.
Another double up came from an aggressive player who basically bluffed off all his chips with q high against my flopped set of 9s.
He turned a flush draw but the last $50 bet clueless after I called progessively bigger bets on the flop and turn.
He then lost another $100 buy in, and a further $60 with another huge bluff.
My stack is now $2,266 which represents about $500 gain over the last week.
Still played the pee-wee SNG on Stars for fun, and the odd very low buy-in tourney, but cash games suit my style of play.
There are several more successful players than me multi-tabling at 50c/$1 NL, but I try not to tangle with them too much.
Most are playing ABC poker, are disciplined although probably slightly more aggressive than me.
Anyway there are still enough fish out there. The best thing that you can see at my level is someone buying-in for $43.76 or some other random amount. You can be pretty sure this is all their stack and they are there to gamble.

I still have $120 left of my bonus ($380 released) and plan to keep grinding. Even thinking about cashing some out but scared it might jinx my run.
I need two more 100 FT point days to qualify for the Bronze medal, which I'm going to save.
My record on big cash freerolls is pretty dismal!

No comments: