Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last post of 2009

Two more days until 2010...I'm at work, with lots to do but little motivation to do it, hence the post.

I also played a little poker over Christmas!

Four sessions, two or three tabling $100 NL cash games on Full Tilt.
It must have been my first cash games at that level for over a year. Any attentive readers will know I was playing the $100 games a couple of years back but moved back down after I lost some confidence.

Now I don't care as much = more confidence = less folding like a pussy = more dosh!

I just went with my instincts in these sessions and won around $100 the first three times I played, and lost around $15 the last time.

I really enjoyed it, singing when you're winning and all that, but I found the oppposition pretty ordinary. Maybe it was Christmas and people were using the holidays to play a bit but I kept coming across foes that were clearly either playing above their normal levels or just having fun.

Part of the problem with cash game grinds is multi-tabling bots playing 12 tables ABC poker. No bluffs and bluffable but you'll never win that much off them. This time round there were enough one-table numptys to milk.

Can't recall any hands in particular but I'll try to save some hand histories next time I play.

How long will the Christmas players last? No idea...but I'll probably play another session or two around New Year.

5 comments:

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DanH said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.