Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No poker, but some market views

The less said about the performance on the felt, the better at the moment.
Suffice it to say I have droped about $200 since I last updated, withdrawn most of my Pokerstars roll into my Neteller a/c and moved some of it into Bodog.

Why I'm updating is to talk a bit about the US dollar...

Ardent readers (!) may remember I talked about the US dollar strengthening versus sterling. Well its finally happening...£1.70 or £1.75 is not unreasonable.
This means if you can afford to keep your roll in dollars, do so.
It is £1.86 as I write (£2.02 when I made the prediction) and should continue to fall in the coming weeks. It has really come off this week and my $4500 roll is now worth around £2,400, meaning I've made £150+ by doing nothing.

My currency forecast has proved far more accurate than my share tip - Partygaming - which I sold a couple of months back, booking a 15% loss. It has since tanked further.

Bye for now.

No comments: