Sunday, December 07, 2008

48 hours

Last night I had a terrible session: 15 SNGs, one first, 14 nothings.
Couldn't think, couldn't play after 48 hours of no sleep. New York is an absolutely amazing city - if you like London, you'll love NY.
The people have an energy sometimes lacking among Brits - we saw a street brawl between a white lawyer and some black dude.
The lawyer was being a total dick and getting in people's faces. The black dude took exception and started pounded his head against a taxi cab parked outside.
The lawyer started shouting "I'm gonna sue yr ass!", the black dude shouting back "Sue me, homie".
Then the lawyer's two girlfriends jumped on the two wrestling fighters, screaming like excited teenagers.
It was FUCKING hilarious, something out of the movies.
We went to this bar called the ChillOut bar and were greeted on arrival by platters of food, buckets of bottled beer and whole bottles of vodka and whiskey.
Fuck the credit crunch!

As well as drinking myself to oblivion and eating huge portions of food, I also went shopping (not as cheap now the dollar is stronger) and err...did a bit of work.
It was actually a press trip that I blagged my way on so the the work load was much lighter than a normal investment conference.

Anyway, I returned to Brixton fucking knackered and stupidly decided to play some jackpot SNGs on Mansion. I had my first place in the first batch of five - after that it went to shit.
Was so tired, by the end, I just wanted to bust out and sleep.

Played another batch just now, after sleeping for around 13 hours, and managed two firsts and a second so I still have the magic! :)

No comments: