Wednesday, January 24, 2007

FullTilt's being good to me

A very good couple of days have lifted my roll to the cusp of $2,000.
Yesterday I couldn't stop hitting and ended short session 2-tabling $150 to the good.
I had a couple of other hit'n'runs in the afternoon (I was meant to be studying for my exam this morning) also netted some bucks.
Went out after work and came back about an hour ago and thought I might try my luck again.
Started badly and it just got worse. Lost about $50 with Qs against 10s against a mega slow-player who hit trips on the flop. He/she actually played it good, checking on flop and turn, as there was a scary k on flop in a three-way raised and re-raised pot.
Then lost another $50 before realising my 10s were prob not good on a low flop against a raiser.
Dribbled another $20 away (my qk v foe's qa on a high flop) before calling it quits on that table.
On the 2nd table things were not as bad - I was only down around $20 when this happened.


Full Tilt Poker Game #1661190053: Table Hauck - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:30:41 ET - 2007/01/23
Seat 1: SuperGirl126 ($65.50)
Seat 2: RUDYTWO ($11.80)
Seat 3: fatestguyevr ($55.30)
Seat 4: Edroh ($48.25)
Seat 5: MBx ($101.50)
Seat 6: GMoney2001 ($99.05)
Seat 7: LetsExperiment ($149.25)
Seat 8: nivekcraw ($102.20)
Seat 9: QuanticFive ($89)
Edroh posts the small blind of $0.50
MBx posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to QuanticFive [7c 8c]
GMoney2001 calls $1
LetsExperiment calls $1
nivekcraw folds
QuanticFive calls $1
SuperGirl126 folds
RUDYTWO calls $1
fatestguyevr calls $1
Edroh calls $0.50
MBx checks

This was going to be last hand so I limped here when I prob would have folded in mid position. Glad I did cos the flop was a beauty.

*** FLOP *** [5c 4c Qc]
Edroh checks
MBx bets $3.50
GMoney2001 folds
LetsExperiment folds
QuanticFive raises to $13
RUDYTWO has 15 seconds left to act
RUDYTWO calls $10.80, and is all in
fatestguyevr folds
Edroh folds
MBx raises to $100.50, and is all in
QuanticFive has 15 seconds left to act

Now what do you do here. Can you fold this? MBx had just sat down and I had no read on him. To be honest I thought he was ahead, and RUDYTWO's delay was because he had a Ac.
Who knows if I would have called if I hadn't lost so much before, prob not. But I remember thinking that I might need a 6c.
I called ....


QuanticFive: i have it but not too high
LetsExperiment: wow
QuanticFive calls $75, and is all in
MBx shows [Kc 3c]
QuanticFive shows [7c 8c]
RUDYTWO shows [Tc Qd]
Uncalled bet of $12.50 returned to MBx
*** TURN *** [5c 4c Qc] [6c]
QuanticFive: 6 clbs

I was calling for the card but typed too slow.

*** RIVER *** [5c 4c Qc 6c] [Jd]
MBx shows a flush, King high
QuanticFive shows a straight flush, Eight high
QuanticFive wins the side pot ($153.35) with a straight flush, Eight high
QuanticFive: ooo
RUDYTWO shows a flush, Queen high
QuanticFive wins the main pot ($37.45) with a straight flush, Eight high
LetsExperiment: OH MY GOD
RUDYTWO is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $193.80 Main pot $39.40. Side pot $154.40. | Rake $3
Board: [5c 4c Qc 6c Jd]
Seat 2: RUDYTWO showed [Tc Qd] and lost with a flush, Queen high
Seat 5: MBx (big blind) showed [Kc 3c] and lost with a flush, King high
Seat 9: QuanticFive showed [7c 8c] and won ($190.80) with a straight flush, Eight high

WHAT LUCK!!!
I cashed out a couple of hands later after being berated by one player, and backed up by two others for my call.
What would you do?
Anyway it meant I was back over $1,900 - $1,926 to be precise after another $20 bonus was realised on that hand too.

BTW I somehow managed to pass the exam despite the poker playing. It was multi-guess and I managed to get a few by process of elimination.
My mag is giving me £200 for passing it which is not bad.
Ok, bed time, its after 1am.

Ta-ra

No comments: