Sunday, April 23, 2006

Grinding

It's been a fruitful three days since my last post and the blackjack debacle.
Returned to UB and run the $20 that was left in the account up to $150.
Been sticking to the 10c/25c NL tables.
I can't remember a bad beat and only had a big pr cracked once, which I laid down on the turn.
The only thing I think that I've been doing differently is being able to lay down when I'm behind.
The tables are dominated by rocks who sit for hours waiting for the nuts - they NEVER bluff.
I've got some good notes on most of the regular players.
I sometimes watch a hand unfolding when the rock wakes up and starts betting, shouting at the unsuspecting fish to fold. I've never typed it onto the chatbox but i've been close.
I sit down with $10 and buy in another $5 if I slip too low.
* UPDATE Ooops, just had to lay down my As again. Might have been a bluff but there was a flush and straight on the board.
The guy later told me he hit trips on flop.
Ended up $9 down before table broke up but still happy with my game.

No comments: